UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stenlis Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63108  
Subject: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 6:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Anybody planning to go see this one? Here are my predictions for the movie

- it will be boring and mediocre at best
- uninspired dialogue missing any witty quips that made John McClane famous
- standard action scenes
- below average overall plot with no surprises
- no chemistry between characters
- the movie will still make decent money

Why do I think this?

I looked at the filmography of the director and the screenwriter. Their most successful movies are - Behind Enemy Lines, Swordfish and X-Men: Wolverine.

Why do we keep paying so much money for this stuff?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: halco Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62327 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 8:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Sorry to hear that. After a terrible 2nd and mediocre 3rd I thought the 4th was terrific. But, yeah, that's not a good pedigree. Especially Swordfish. Sheesh. One of the worst movies of all time.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62328 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 9:21 AM
"Especially Swordfish. Sheesh. One of the worst movies of all time."

Except for two things.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62329 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 9:26 AM
Recommendations: 0
Don't care for the resumes, but DH still riding on the good will of the very pleasant surprises and fun of the first and second.

I found the other sequels OK enough but not nearly as memorable.

This one really looks to be trading on the brand and "3D." I expect to wait for it to hit cable and pass on the 3D, that is unless David Edelstein (only movie reviewer I've read that I have any confidence in these days) says it's the best thing since sliced bread or nearly so.

Ken

Author: TMFJeanie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62332 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 11:38 AM
Why do we keep paying so much money for this stuff?

I have a feeling Bruce Willis is asking the same thing, with a twist:

"why do they keep paying ME so much money for this stuff?"

He was on Letterman last night and Dave gave him a pop quiz about the first 4 Die Hard movies.
Ex: What were the exact titles of each DH movie? [he only got the first one right]
Who was your fat co-star in the second one? [Uh... ]
In how many of them were you bald?

Even Bruce seems bored with the franchise :-)

Jeanie

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62333 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 12:34 PM
"Who was your fat co-star in the second one? [Uh... ]"

Dennis Franz? John Amos?

Ken

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62335 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 4:35 PM
"Especially Swordfish. Sheesh. One of the worst movies of all time."

Except for two things.

Halle Berry's left boob, and right boob.

- C -

Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62337 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 8:54 AM
I don't know if anyone's interested but Amazon.com has a 1-day sale of all 5 Die Hard movies for $25 plus a promotion code to see the new
Die Hard movie free today only...

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62338 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 6:39 PM
It's currently at 12% on rottentomatoes.com and even lower with the top critics.

Author: horacekgl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62340 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 8:59 PM
You're still gonna see it. All of you.

glh

Author: BigKahoona Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62341 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 9:07 PM
You're still gonna see it.

Welcome to the party, pal.

Author: Mark12547 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62342 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 9:07 PM

Generally, the worse it does, the sooner I can get the disc from Netflix. :)

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62343 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 10:18 PM
"You're still gonna see it. All of you."

Want to bet $10,000.00?

Ken

Author: stenlis Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62344 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/15/2013 7:04 AM

I still haven't seen Matrix 3 and Star Wars 3. I bet I can sit out the latest Die Hard as well.

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62346 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/15/2013 12:22 PM

I'll take that bet.

- C -

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62349 of 63108
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/19/2013 10:09 AM
I went to see the movie. To sum it up, if you like movies where there are a lot of car crashes and things blowing up, this movie contains a lot of that stuff. If you are looking for another Die Hard movie where there is a lot of humor from the main character, you will find it almost completely missing.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement