UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stenlis Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63307  
Subject: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 6:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Anybody planning to go see this one? Here are my predictions for the movie

- it will be boring and mediocre at best
- uninspired dialogue missing any witty quips that made John McClane famous
- standard action scenes
- below average overall plot with no surprises
- no chemistry between characters
- the movie will still make decent money

Why do I think this?

I looked at the filmography of the director and the screenwriter. Their most successful movies are - Behind Enemy Lines, Swordfish and X-Men: Wolverine.

Why do we keep paying so much money for this stuff?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: halco Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62327 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 8:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Sorry to hear that. After a terrible 2nd and mediocre 3rd I thought the 4th was terrific. But, yeah, that's not a good pedigree. Especially Swordfish. Sheesh. One of the worst movies of all time.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62328 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 9:21 AM
"Especially Swordfish. Sheesh. One of the worst movies of all time."

Except for two things.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62329 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 9:26 AM
Recommendations: 0
Don't care for the resumes, but DH still riding on the good will of the very pleasant surprises and fun of the first and second.

I found the other sequels OK enough but not nearly as memorable.

This one really looks to be trading on the brand and "3D." I expect to wait for it to hit cable and pass on the 3D, that is unless David Edelstein (only movie reviewer I've read that I have any confidence in these days) says it's the best thing since sliced bread or nearly so.

Ken

Author: TMFJeanie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62332 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 11:38 AM
Why do we keep paying so much money for this stuff?

I have a feeling Bruce Willis is asking the same thing, with a twist:

"why do they keep paying ME so much money for this stuff?"

He was on Letterman last night and Dave gave him a pop quiz about the first 4 Die Hard movies.
Ex: What were the exact titles of each DH movie? [he only got the first one right]
Who was your fat co-star in the second one? [Uh... ]
In how many of them were you bald?

Even Bruce seems bored with the franchise :-)

Jeanie

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62333 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 12:34 PM
"Who was your fat co-star in the second one? [Uh... ]"

Dennis Franz? John Amos?

Ken

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62335 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/13/2013 4:35 PM
"Especially Swordfish. Sheesh. One of the worst movies of all time."

Except for two things.

Halle Berry's left boob, and right boob.

- C -

Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62337 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 8:54 AM
I don't know if anyone's interested but Amazon.com has a 1-day sale of all 5 Die Hard movies for $25 plus a promotion code to see the new
Die Hard movie free today only...

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62338 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 6:39 PM
It's currently at 12% on rottentomatoes.com and even lower with the top critics.

Author: horacekgl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62340 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 8:59 PM
You're still gonna see it. All of you.

glh

Author: BigKahoona Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62341 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 9:07 PM
You're still gonna see it.

Welcome to the party, pal.

Author: Mark12547 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62342 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 9:07 PM

Generally, the worse it does, the sooner I can get the disc from Netflix. :)

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62343 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/14/2013 10:18 PM
"You're still gonna see it. All of you."

Want to bet $10,000.00?

Ken

Author: stenlis Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62344 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/15/2013 7:04 AM

I still haven't seen Matrix 3 and Star Wars 3. I bet I can sit out the latest Die Hard as well.

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62346 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/15/2013 12:22 PM

I'll take that bet.

- C -

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62349 of 63307
Subject: Re: The new Die Hard movie - predictions Date: 2/19/2013 10:09 AM
I went to see the movie. To sum it up, if you like movies where there are a lot of car crashes and things blowing up, this movie contains a lot of that stuff. If you are looking for another Die Hard movie where there is a lot of humor from the main character, you will find it almost completely missing.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement