No. of Recommendations: 2
Completing a remarkable overnight transformation ...

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves victims and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question and answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t out come right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

Romney spoke in an interview with Sean Hannity, who asked what he'd have said if Obama had brought up the 47% remark during their Wednesday night debate. Democrats have used the line in campaign ads.

For more than two weeks, Romney has faced a backlash after the covertly taped video of him speaking to donors was published online by Mother Jones magazine. In a Florida fundraiser last May, the candidate described the 47% of voters who support Obama as depending on government, believing they are victims and paying no income tax. He said they were “unwilling to take responsibility for their lives.”

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pn-romney-47-perc...

I like this new Mitt Romney. I'm just not sure how many days we get before he morphs again.

Peter
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement