UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961806  
Subject: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/4/2012 11:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Completing a remarkable overnight transformation ...

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves victims and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question and answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t out come right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

Romney spoke in an interview with Sean Hannity, who asked what he'd have said if Obama had brought up the 47% remark during their Wednesday night debate. Democrats have used the line in campaign ads.

For more than two weeks, Romney has faced a backlash after the covertly taped video of him speaking to donors was published online by Mother Jones magazine. In a Florida fundraiser last May, the candidate described the 47% of voters who support Obama as depending on government, believing they are victims and paying no income tax. He said they were “unwilling to take responsibility for their lives.”

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pn-romney-47-perc...

I like this new Mitt Romney. I'm just not sure how many days we get before he morphs again.

Peter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821303 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 12:02 AM
Recommendations: 0
“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question and answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t out come right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

Now he says he was wrong. Give me a break!

It wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't come out right away with his inelegant spiel! Why didn't he think about how to handle it before he did that.

Jean

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821328 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 7:54 AM
"I like this new Mitt Romney."

And what he brings to mind for me is the cross-examination scenario:

"We know you're a liar. So, the question is, were you lying then or are you lying now?"

Ken

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821341 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 9:09 AM
Actually, the Romney the left has ben portraying in negative political ads is a characterature, you can create any image of anyone you want when you cut and paste, cherry pick, edit, etc. to make someone look a certain way.

Romney in the debate is the real Romney, the Romney in DNC/superpac ads is a fake made up Romney by the left.

So its not the new Romney, its just Romney we saw at the debates, it appears the left has bought into their own characterature of Romney, they actually believe the negative ads as the real Romney, when its obviously not.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821347 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 9:17 AM
"Romney in the debate is the real Romney ..."

I agree. All flash - no substance, lying SOB.

Ken

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821348 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 9:18 AM
"I agree. All flash - no substance, lying SOB.

Ken"

You must have missed the debate then because your description isn't even close.

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821349 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 9:18 AM
"Romney has been totally consistent."

LMAO!

http://hlinkoreport.com/2012/07/05/mitt-romney-venn-and-now/...

Peter

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821351 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 9:19 AM
"I agree. All flash - no substance, lying SOB.
Ken"

You must have missed the debate then because your description isn't even close.

You misspelled "spot on."

Ken

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821400 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 10:59 AM
I almost agree.

Corrected: All flash, lying on substance, SOB.

It wasn't that Obama was unprepared for the debate, but he was unprepared for the extent to which Flip Romney would brazenly deny key aspects of his campaign up until that moment. Romney sprung a clever trap. If Obama had brought his full legal skills to bear and pointed out some of the lies, he would have been derided as Angry Black Man by those ignorant of the issues, instead of appearing weak as he simmered in disgust. It was a no-win situation. Romney didn't get to where he is without being a slick SOB.

- Wes

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821410 of 1961806
Subject: Re: The new, new Mitt Romney Date: 10/5/2012 11:32 AM
It wasn't that Obama was unprepared for the debate, but he was unprepared for the extent to which Flip Romney would brazenly deny key aspects of his campaign up until that moment. Romney sprung a clever trap. If Obama had brought his full legal skills to bear and pointed out some of the lies, he would have been derided as Angry Black Man by those ignorant of the issues, instead of appearing weak as he simmered in disgust. It was a no-win situation. Romney didn't get to where he is without being a slick SOB.

And whiner/ineffective leader if he mentioned that's it's impossible to work across the isle with people who have made it a point not to do the same.

Jean

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement