Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
That's the title of this book a close friend got me years ago on depression and anxiety. Thought it was an appropriate title for this post.

To Cindy, Plaidy, AC, and anyone else who may be at the 4 Provinces right now...:

I had a mild anxiety attack at around 3:30 and have been in bed ever since. I just got a phone message from Cindy that brought a huge smile to my face and cracked me up. Now I feel even worse. :( I obviously let you all down. And for that I'm sorry.

If you've tracked my postings since my return to TMF, you would have noticed I still, at times, post on the Depression board. I'm still battling it after all this time. I'm on meds, which help tremendously. But for some stupid reason, I didn't take them today.

It's as if I sub-consciously wanted to sabotage my final day here in the area. And nobody got hurt except for those who decided it would be a good idea to meet up with me during my stay. Meaning, you, the reader.

So now, I'm sitting here, unshowered, unshaven, t-shirt and boxers, pissed as all hell at myself.

I mean, it's almost as if I'm an addict. It's a real problem, one that I thought I had conquered. When it starts to affect the ones you care about and the ones you are lucky enough to call friends, it's time to sit up and slap yourself in the face and take notice.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with all this. I feel bad. I feel guilty. I feel ashamed. And I have no idea how to make it up to any of you.

So, to AC, Plaidy, and Cindy, my sincerest apologies. And to anyone else who made it as well. I'm truly sorry.

-Brian.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement