UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726025  
Subject: Re: Baseball Hall of Fame Date: 1/10/2013 8:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The only player I was hoping they'd vote in this year was Jack Morris. He has tons if wins, clutch World Series victories and all that... the only downside is his 3.90 lifetime ERA which would be the highest in Cooperstown. However he played in the American League meaning his ERA is automatically going to be higher because of the DH rule. That shouldn't be held against him IMHO.

Great Pitcher, but at least to me, never really the dominant type you are talking about for the Hall of Fame. I never had the feeling that woe is me, when Morris was on the mound.

His big plus? Yes he was exceptional in the playoffs.

Pretty much, you are looking at Andy Petite. If you are a Yankee Fan, you will think he belongs(perhaps), but not really. Great intangibles, good teammate, downright nasty in the clutch, but not totally dominant.

IMO, wouldn't be a travesty if he got in, but it ain't Gibson/Seaver type who I see as a HOF pitcher.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement