No. of Recommendations: 0
The only thing I can think of is that you can't literally deposit money into a 401K except through deductions from your paycheck. However, you can basically achieve this by using the dividend money however you'd like and upping your 401K contributions a corresponding amount. In fact I think that's a darn good idea.

Secondarily, you may wish to consider 1) putting some in that money market account - as low paying as it might be, it may be safer than keeping a ton in company stock, and 2) talking to some co-workers and bosses and seeing if you can't get a policy change - nothing happens if you don't try. It seems to me the money in this plan of yours depends on company performance to begin with, so is asking an awful lot of you to have a substantial portion of your retirement money depend on performance both each year and then every year that follows. Remember, your bosses put their money there too - just remind them all of Enron.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement