UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gahamuvo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 45  
Subject: Re: one last thing Date: 10/26/2002 1:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
the only thing that keeps me alive is the fact that i am terrified of dying. and some good friends bearing kind words. and the fact that life can be so beautiful sometimes.

but some of us DO feel the constant weight of crushing tens thousands millions of needles boring into our brains knowing that somewhere a three year old boy just starved to death. two seconds later a four year old girl dead of aids. five seconds later a baby thrown in a trash can, its fragile chance at life backseat to a craving. one second later a woman loading lumber into her car shot dead standing next to her husband. forty people dead in a bombed discotheque. 200 dead in a landslide. yes this dread knowledge and feeling has a constant impact on my mind, but yet i live, due to the reasons listed above.

i guess it's well and good most people have these filters and only grieve when someone buys the farm who is similar to them. i wouldn't want to wish this insanity of empathy on anyone else.

ah well, gabe, as they say, "stfu" and stop being so young and dumb.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement