No. of Recommendations: 2
The overall tenor of your questions and remarks reveal that you have very little experience in the real-world outside of college.

Much doesn't get said in posts, and rightly so. We only know what the OP has chosen to share with us.

He's asking questions, considering the replies without the stubborn know it all attitude that we see so much of here, and seems to have enough brains to adapt. I would say that puts him in a category above the majority of homeowners who neither had a clue nor looked for one.

Rule of thumb: the overall costs to *buy* a house are 5% of the price. The overall costs to *sell* a house are 10% of the price. That's 15% round-trip transaction costs

Way overblown. I don't think I've even hit 10% out of pocket for a buy/sale, though that is typically what I estimate knowing it will give me plenty of wiggle room.

Print the post  


Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.