No. of Recommendations: 3
The part I try to focus on is the part that I can do: store in good safe containers (not in attic nor cellar, using archival envelopes)
write names, places, dates (whatever I remember now is good to write down, it will not be any easier later).

I love annotated photos, so think that albums are the way to go.
My husband has been making photo pages for digital images (with captions).

We did have our slides scanned by a company in Missouri I think.

No, I don't keep the negatives (most of them got separated from the prints a long time ago).

Yes, there are many photos that I discard - scenery from my first cameras is not interesting nor beautiful, sometimes pictures from an event are very repetitious.

One of the wonderful things my uncle did when he moved out of his house and downsized was to send back the pictures my parents had sent him - that is, when I was young, photos got sent to relatives and it was neat to know he had kept them for decades. There were pictures I had not seen.

YeilB
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement