Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PipneyJane Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38249  
Subject: Re: I'm just gonna get this all off my chest Date: 10/3/2012 8:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
The part that absolutely kills me? Leroy Jethro. He won't remember him, because he is too little. I have no idea why this throws me for a loop but let me tell you people, I'm teary-eyed even writing this. I don't know if it's because Grandpa lovedlovedloved Leroy Jethro and he won't get to feel that for himself in a way he can remember, or because of all the neato things The Big Kids got to do with him that LJ never will...hell I don't know, it just gets me every time.

(((((((Imp))))))))

A story about my dad and my nephew (M). Dad died 4 years before M was born. However, when M was a baby, my sister would show him photos of the family so that he'd have faces to associate with names. (Incidentally, my mum died when M was 15 months old.) When M was 3, he took to talking to my dad's picture and carrying it around in his arms. Not long afterwards, M declared to everyone that would listen that his football team was Footscray because that was his grandad's team. Here's the thing: neither my sister nor her husband supported Footscray. Chances are, it's a team that was never mentioned in his hearing apart from when it came up on TV. Where did he get it from?

My belief is that death doesn't sever all ties people have with this world. Some people like to watch over their families and friends. In M's case, I really do believe that my dad "visited" his grandson and played with him and told him stories.

- Pam
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement