UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59659  
Subject: The path of TS Isaac Date: 8/27/2012 10:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
How are ya, FreethinkerKW? What was it like down your way?

Linda, Donna, Art--looks like we're dodging this bullet. Seems like every time I check, Isaac is further west...but not far enough west to endanger intercst.

=alstro, very late to the beach this morning, heading out momentarily despite 60% chance of rain, then grocery shopping, feeling like fresh fish...perhaps salmon, little potatoes, broccoli and a cucumber/dill or Greek salad...ASian soup tomorrow...grilled chicken w/grilled veg and cole slaw on Wednesday...I made my best-ever cole slaw last Friday for my mother and brother--3/4 red and green cabbage; 1/4 carrots, onion and green pepper, dressing 1/2 cider vinegar, 1/4 OJ, 1/4 mayo...even Mom chowed down!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44968 of 59659
Subject: Re: The path of TS Isaac Date: 8/27/2012 11:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
"Linda, Donna, Art--looks like we're dodging this bullet. Seems like every time I check, Isaac is further west...but not far enough west to endanger intercst." - alstromeria

I'm hoping we get some rain out of Issac. It's kind of dry here. We could use the moisture. Our trees are thirsty.

Art

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44976 of 59659
Subject: Re: The path of TS Isaac Date: 8/27/2012 10:27 PM
It looks like, maybe, Isaac may replenish some of the Mississippi River water, which is badly needed. Maybe, some of the severe drought farmland will get some water also. I just hope it is not so bad as to wash away rather than replenish the water table.

Astroe, I stole your cole slaw receipe. It sounds WONDERFUL.

Donna

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44979 of 59659
Subject: Re: The path of TS Isaac Date: 8/27/2012 11:42 PM
Donna.

My younger son is at Mizzou (aka Columbia, Missouri) and has a part-time student job providing forecasts for agricultural Missouri folks. In spring, he complained when it rained. That meant he'd have to go out and empty the rain gauges. Otherwise, he could provide the forecast from his bed, so long as he had an internet connection.

As time passed, he started worrying about lack of rainfall. He's really worried now. This weekend, those of us on the eastern edge of the state had around 1.25" of rain. Columbia still had no recordable rainfall. I expect Isaac will help them out at the end of the week...

PM

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44981 of 59659
Subject: Re: The path of TS Isaac Date: 8/28/2012 12:33 AM
Recommendations: 1
The reports I hear from Southern Illinois is it's already too late for rain. All the corn is dead. Rain will only make the dead stalks wet.

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45007 of 59659
Subject: Re: The path of TS Isaac Date: 8/28/2012 10:30 PM
The reports I hear from Southern Illinois is it's already too late for rain.

This is very true. However, any and all moisture is very welcome, for a different reason.

The main reason the Midwest is in a drought was our "Summer in March". This severely limited rainfall in the spring and the soil dried out. W/o moisture in the soil, rainstorms didn't form because they had no moisture to draw upon from the soil. (The high pressure ridge that parked over the central states for most of the summer blocked moisture from the Gulf.)

PM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement