UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Supanich Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 79083  
Subject: Re: 401(K) CONTRIBUTIONS Date: 3/20/2001 11:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration, part of the Dept of Labor, has over sight on 410(k) plans. Their web site is www.dol.gov/dol/pwba. There you will find basic information and the regional office assigned to your area. When you submit your complaint to the PWBA back yourself up with examples: ie, you had $xx withdrawn from your paycheck in May but it was not deposited until Aug. The 15 day period that TMFPixy posted is the absolute maximum time considered appropriate by the DOL. Also, you can request and should receive a copy of the Entire Plan Document. You may have recieved a Summary Plan Description when you signed up, but this is a watered down version. I work in a Third Party Administration Office and I understand what you are going through. I do urge you to contact the PWBA - don't let the employer get away with this. Good Luck
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2015!
Fistula Foundation: A World of Good!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Gilead Sciences CC Thoughts
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.