No. of Recommendations: 0
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2012/11/08/rethinking-...

Yep, it does bother me... (btw, conversely, WFM and HAIN both supported Prop 37...)
Print the post Back To Top
OK,so what's the big deal with GM foods? Cross-breeding, soil nutrients, pesticides, splicing, what-not.

Not snotty, just want a non-biased non-political source of information.

Thanks
Mark
No. of Recommendations: 1
Whenever I am to decide on an issue, I look at who benefits from each side's possible victory. GMO labeling, therefore, is not a simple question of whether genetically modified food products are beneficial or safe.

Monsanto is the elephant in the room amongst the stakeholders of rDNA in food crops. My support of legislation like Prop 37 is about my opposition to Monsanto. They have proven time after time that they will exploit science for profit as long as they are not held accountable.

rDNA will continue to affect all of us in increasing ways: vaccines, fuels, cancer therapy, etc. To oppose all rDNA-based applications based solely on fear is too rigid.

Prop 37 was about transparency, and, thus, choice.
Honestea, Ben&Jerry's?!! I'm sad to admit that I've been a Smucker for French Meadow's breads, but now that the Naked truth is out, I've got to Goya find a Similac product.
Retailers with vested interest in Prop 37: http://www.cornucopia.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/prop37-....

Knowing what I know about TJ's, I'm not surprised that TJ's didn't take a stand.

Starbucks...interesting.
Yeah my main stance on this issue is transparency and let people decide. It is a highly politicized issue right now, and the arguments often follow party sides; one side will accuse the others' scientists of being pseudo-scientists, and the other side will accuse the others' scientists of being in corporations' pockets. Great, ha.

Regardless, though, transparency and information are my bottom line on this issue. I just think consumers have the right to know a) the extent to which GMOs are in the food supply b) which products contain them. Then they can make their own choices.

My two cents. thanks for your thoughts Mark2Market!

Alyce
Advertisement