UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (94) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60063  
Subject: Re: Got time for another medical care articel or Date: 12/1/2007 4:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Are any of these so-called NDE's reported by fighter pilots training in centrifuges? When the blood runs out of your brain, it seems the last place it leaves is the back near the stem, where vision happens. As they are whirled around and around and experience g-related loss of consciousness, many report feelings of well-being, calm, loving lights, tunnels and even seeing loved ones.

>delurking<

there's a nice bit of logic to the NDE story ... i told someone once that i'd had an NDE and it was Nothing like the 'stories' (no damn Light (no Damn cradle)) ..they (not Art, btw) said, "then you didn't REALLY have an NDE." if you 'die' but have the wrong experiences, you didn't really 'die' / if you don't 'die' but do have the same experience .. i don't know what they say.

seems OBVIOUS that if people have similar experiences, the best guess would be physiology ..with a bit of culture maybe

[ i've also done past-life regression therapy, and studied palmistry, astrology & Tarot -- no woo-woo BS .. all that's bunk. but sometimes useful metaphors
a similar sort of logic in the past-life stuff : i said to the hypnotist, "we're just stimulating something in the brain to produce something like a dream ..eg, i've always been fascinated by Japan, so i -imagine- a past life in Japan." "NO. in a past life, you were Japanese, therefore you're interested in Japan" interesting stuff, but Bunk]

=b
....... Tarot ,IMO, most interesting
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (94) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement