UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947898  
Subject: The Post Office Date: 2/7/2013 3:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
http://www.hightowerlowdown.org/node/2927#.URPrJaW5fHg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858407 of 1947898
Subject: Re: The Post Office Date: 2/7/2013 4:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On this subject, why not simply go to $.50? Why all this silly $.01 increase?

Anyone know?

Author: DufusGoneSplat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858426 of 1947898
Subject: Re: The Post Office Date: 2/7/2013 7:10 PM
On this subject, why not simply go to $.50? Why all this silly $.01 increase?

The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act was signed into law on December 20, 2006. ... Under this law, the Postal Service may 'adjust' rates every year. Increases may not exceed the inflation rate as set in the consumer price index or CPI.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-can-the-cost-of-pos...

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858459 of 1947898
Subject: Re: The Post Office Date: 2/8/2013 9:04 AM
The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act was signed into law on December 20, 2006

Which means it can be modified with a simple act of Congress saying "may not exceed twice the CPI" instead of "not exceed"

Wow, that was tough.

Heck Congress could grant the post office a one time approval for a hike to 50 cents.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858634 of 1947898
Subject: Re: The Post Office Date: 2/9/2013 10:04 AM
Which means it can be modified with a simple act of Congress saying "may not exceed twice the CPI" instead of "not exceed"

Wow, that was tough.

Heck Congress could grant the post office a one time approval for a hike to 50 cents.

A large part of the problems the USPS faces today, and yesterday, were exasperated by Congress itself. Ironically, it was the rigid government control of the USPS that has led to this dire state. Many of the folks involved were also small government people :)

The USPS has, for years, tried to do the right things to adapt the USPS to reflect changing conditions. Congress has, at every step of the way, either refused to listen or enact the needed changes, or hampered them with more restrictions.

The facts are, Congress is to blame.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement