Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The potion may be bitter but the effects are sweet.

You ought to not think about moving your money around right now. Right now dont fantasize about well paying jobs when you leave school. Focus on your education. Finish your last year. Get that degree. Start working and then deal with finances.

You are way to deep into debt and to far into your degree that if you start spending time trying to save yourself now you will not concentrate enough on your requirements. Why worry about saving a few points of interest when youre not earning any money?

Think about what your primary purpose in life is right now. If its not to graduate then you have wasted $30k. The clock isnt ticking. Relax, enjoy being in debt a little. I did it once and it taught me some good lessons. I would only recommend you read financial books if it was part of your curriculum or your really smart with a lot of free time.

I wish I was a year from finishing my degree. I took the circular route because I couldn't focus. Looking back I wish I was a 25 year old with $80k debt and a Masters degree rather than no debt and no masters degree.

Keeping my chin up and pressing onward.

Print the post  

Announcements

Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement