UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: nagdabbit Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308557  
Subject: The Power Of Compounding Date: 2/5/2013 9:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Ah, you might think this is all about saving, earning your worth and tucking some away. Reading the Fool and all..

But I just learned a different take on it...the benefits of Compound Interest depends on whether it's Incoming or Outgoing.

I didn't know this before, haven't had credit card balances that weren't paid in full for years, been doing reward credits on it.

Received a disclosure change from a CC company.
Part of one paragraph clearly stated that '..this is compound interest'...speaking about
'Every month your Balance and outstanding Interest are used to calculate the interest that we will charge you.'

Interest on Interest???

Wasn't particularly highlighted, but it was in there.

What???

This was in the middle of, near the center of, toward the top of the long part, but inbetween the other part, of the part that stated the changes in your account.

Now, this, in my opinion, contained blah blah with clear points if you Really Read It -
No examples were shown however for folks who wouldn't know how this works.

Granted, they did try to spell it out in simple clear terms, so as to be as transparent as possible. :-) Play Nice.

All well and good if you have the Means to Pay off your bill in full every month.

I'm sorry - prob. mistakes in this post but this
'Tisses me off!

I have been there, using a CC to Build Credit years ago.
But some might be looking at 22+% interest.

If you are looking to build your credit, keep a balance for a month or two - gosh, what the heck does it cost you?
And for those unable to pay the whole amount -

All I can say is I think this is a stupid mistake by the CC companies...you can't compound the interest - these folks will never get out of debt and you will find your company holding the bag again.

And gee, who will pay?
US (stands for United States)

I'm cancelling that CC
and giving them feedback.

nag
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement