UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977249  
Subject: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I agree with just about nothing the President has to say. But tonight, he was spot-on in his discussion about these heartbreaking murders. And, the collective prayers of the President and different religious leaders was comforting and necessary in this dificult time. If there was ever a time we need prayers, this is it.

Anything the President can do to stop the proliferation of more guns will earn him my praise and 100% support. This is more important to me than the fiscal cliff.

"If you are falling, I'll put out my hands
If you feel bitter, I will understand

I love you
I am the milkman of human kindness
I will leave an extra pint"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Goxm0x4dTw
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845972 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
In other words, he hit the right emotional notes and isn't going to let this crisis go to waste.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845973 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:24 PM
Recommendations: 41
"In other words, he hit the right emotional notes and isn't going to let this crisis go to waste. "

The nerve of that uppity ------ in showing leadership at a difficult time. The nerve!

Ken

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845976 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:32 PM
Recommendations: 2
The nerve of that uppity ------ in showing leadership at a difficult time. The nerve!

Ken

Empty thoughts for empty hearts.

So where is the leadership and direction for improvement/prevention?

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845977 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:32 PM
Wow, gong right for the race card. Thanks for proving one more time who really thinks what about blacks.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845978 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:41 PM
Recommendations: 4
"In other words, he hit the right emotional notes and isn't going to let this crisis go to waste."

If that solves the problem so be it.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845979 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:41 PM
"Wow, gong right for the race card. Thanks for proving one more time who really thinks what about blacks."

I didn't ring no gongs!

And no further proof needed after the garbage you endlessly spew.

Ken

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845980 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:42 PM
Recommendations: 0
"So where is the leadership and direction for improvement/prevention?"

They're looking he other way becuase the gun lobby is contributing to their campaign.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845981 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:43 PM
Solving the correct problem is exactly the issue. The problem here was a maniac running around loose.

Obama won't solve that problem. He'll claim a moral imperative to try and ban guns instead, which won't help anybody.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845982 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:43 PM
Closet racist. Maybe not so closet.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845983 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:48 PM
"Closet racist. Maybe not so closet."

There, there. Now wasn't that confession good for your soul?

Ken

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845984 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 10:52 PM
What's your username over on storm front?

Author: juliewinter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845987 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:11 PM
Wow. That didn't take long.
Endlessly repetitive. Entirely meaningless.

See you.

Jwinter

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845990 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:21 PM
He'll claim a moral imperative to try and ban guns instead, which won't help anybody.

If he goes after high capacity guns he'll be on the right track.

It's assinine to suggest that civilians need 30 round shotguns and handguns and 60 round rifles.

Assinine reply: "What's neeed got to do with it... we're talkin' freedom, baby, saving the constitution and America! "

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845991 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:27 PM
It's assinine to suggest that civilians need 30 round shotguns

Wow. I did not even know there was such a thing as a 30-round shotgun.

AM

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845992 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:30 PM
If he goes after high capacity guns he'll be on the right track.

It's assinine to suggest that civilians need 30 round shotguns and handguns and 60 round rifles.

Assinine reply: "What's neeed got to do with it... we're talkin' freedom, baby, saving the constitution and America! "

Speaking of asinine, this is exactly what I'm talking about. High capacity mags weren't the issue. A maniac was.

But we can't let a crisis go to waste. You guys are too much.

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845995 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVJqqnp4PA

And I repeat, it's assinine to suggest that civilians need 30 round shotguns

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845998 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:36 PM
Speaking of asinine, this is exactly what I'm talking about. High capacity mags weren't the issue.

That you cannot understand the important issues is your problem.

It's just another November thrashing for your opinon as to what 'the issue" is.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1845999 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:39 PM
That you cannot understand the important issues is your problem.

It's just another November thrashing for your opinon as to what 'the issue" is.

One would have thought that the gun control nuts would have waited for the bodies to cool off before going nuts. I should never underestimate PA libs.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846003 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:46 PM
High capacity mags weren't the issue. A maniac was.

This reduction of the problem to a single cause is faulty reasoning.

That he was a maniac is beyond question, and he was a major part of the problem.

But had he been denied access to high capacity magazines... he never would have managed to kill so many people.

And that goes for a lot of these mass shootings.

High capacity magazines enable the delivery of hundreds of shots in a short amount of time.

Of note... ALL of those killed in Connecticut suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846005 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:47 PM
" The problem here was a maniac running around loose."

and your solution is.....?

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846007 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:52 PM
"Speaking of asinine, this is exactly what I'm talking about. High capacity mags weren't the issue. A maniac was."

You sound like a broken record. It's getting sad. Sano gave a very reasoned response in saying that it wasn't the semi-automatics that were the problem, rather it was the high capacity magazines.

The question was "why does anyone need a 30 round shotgun"?

Answer the question. You cannot. You have no clue how to respond other than to accuse everyone else of "using" this crisis.

You've stooped pretty low on this one and you dig yourself deeper with every post.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846008 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:54 PM
We're done. You've yet to do anything in any of these threads. To argue with someone else.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846011 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/16/2012 11:58 PM
"We're done. You've yet to do anything in any of these threads. To argue with someone else."

No doubt. Let's not pretend it's about me though. That should be beneath you.

Let's admit that you just cannot answer that simple question of where you draw the line on any limits to your God given right to own weapons.

It's ok though. It's an impossible one. The world has changed so much in 200 plus years, the "right to bear arms" has become so meaningless.

Let's drop it for the time being and let Congress do it's work.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846036 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 6:46 AM
Recommendations: 69
He'll claim a moral imperative to try and ban guns instead, which won't help anybody.

Fail!

Obama's not going to do it. You're afraid of the wrong guy. Be afraid of me and millions of other ordinary people who think that you AND the NRA are complicit in the murder of those children.

This is not a political issue. It's a morality issue and you're on the wrong side of it.

Those semi-automatic weapons that accomodate high volume magazines have got to go. And they will go. Maybe not tomorrow but soon.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846042 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 7:49 AM
Fail!

Obama's not going to do it. You're afraid of the wrong guy. Be afraid of me and millions of other ordinary people who think that you AND the NRA are complicit in the murder of those children.

This is not a political issue. It's a morality issue and you're on the wrong side of it.

Those semi-automatic weapons that accomodate high volume magazines have got to go. And they will go. Maybe not tomorrow but soon.

What Obama did, and what everyone not a bootlicker of the man knew he would do, is try to further inflame people like you on the back of this tragedy.

He succeeded.

HE is afraid of the right guy, a demagogue who inflames hatred and feeds divisiveness. He does it at every turn. That you like the hatred he preached, does not mean he does not love hatred.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846092 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 10:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVJqqnp4PA

And I repeat, it's assinine to suggest that civilians need 30 round shotguns

--------------------------

Oh. My. God.
What a crew of rednecks.
That was scary.

AM

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846120 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 11:13 AM
Recommendations: 9
HE is afraid of the right guy, a demagogue who inflames hatred and feeds divisiveness. He does it at every turn. That you like the hatred he preached, does not mean he does not love hatred.

--------------

The problem here is me.
Why on earth have I waited so long to p-box you and your disgusting spew?

AM

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846154 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 12:13 PM
What Obama did, and what everyone not a bootlicker of the man knew he would do, is try to further inflame people like you on the back of this tragedy.

He said something needed to be done to stop these senseless killings.

Imagine that.

How inflamatory.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846156 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 12:17 PM
Obama is doing an okay job here IMHO. No reason to target him...

Author: sandyleelee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846165 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 12:28 PM
In other words, he hit the right emotional notes and isn't going to let this crisis go to waste. 

Ah.  At least  you've come round to admitting that gun violence in America has reached a stage of crisis.

That's a start, I supposed.

Of course, your solution to this crisis is more gun violence, which is sort of -- uh -- crazy, but it's so nice to hear you admit there's a problem.

SLL

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846169 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 12:55 PM

He succeeded.

Thanks lowstudent for reminding me how lucky I am that I don't know you and your cohorts. Perhaps many someones in my neighborhood "thinks" as you do, perhaps I'm in a restaurant with people like you, but I don't know them. Ignorance, perhaps, really is bliss. I know there is no one of your ilk in my family. They're not prizes but I don't have to fear them.

One of my grandmothers was well-known in her small town, during the depression of the 30s, for feeding whatever she had to anyone who came to the door hungry. Most of them could sit on the back steps and eat but there were some who were not allowed on the porch and they had to eat standing up in the yard. Every once in a while someone would say about someone "Grandma wouldn't have let him sit on the porch." If some of the people around here were hungry grandmother would have fed them but she'd have made them eat in the alley.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846201 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 1:32 PM
Of course, your solution to this crisis is more gun violence, which is sort of -- uh -- crazy, but it's so nice to hear you admit there's a problem.

The bigger problem is with people not reading or thinking.

Author: CairnDad Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846380 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 7:05 PM

I guess when you have no argument, you have to resort to playing the race card.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846414 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 10:39 PM
He said something needed to be done to stop these senseless killings.

Imagine that.

How inflamatory.

absolutely terrifying.

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846427 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/17/2012 11:53 PM
The problem here is me. Why on earth have I waited so long to p-box you and your disgusting spew?

Hi AngelMay. The funny thing is that I dumped TWO of these critters into the trash after reading through this thread.

Then I went back and re-read the thread. WOW....what an improvement!

Now if I can only figure out a way to automatically ignore responses from one of these clowns when I post.

Jack

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1846487 of 1977249
Subject: Re: The President"s Speech Tonight Date: 12/18/2012 9:51 AM
I guess when you have no argument, you have to resort to playing the race card.

Is that it?

I thought it was what you did if you were a lowlife whether you had an argument or not. In fact I am pretty sure it is that, even if it is a good tactic when you have nothing to say as well.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement