Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dukdla One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: The Price is Almost Right Date: 9/15/1998 7:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If we get another drop tomorrow as we did today, I'll be adding more to my holdings. I still feel the long term on this stock is good, if they come in high on the current quarter numbers.

Anybody know what happened today? Almost twice the normal volume with no news. Pretty radical decline for a stock that has been in a 1/16 to 1/8 decline, hold for awhile, then go down again.

Today is a mystery. I don't follow any of the other big equipment makers, did something happen to one of them or is this just the pattern perpetuating itself?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: ancel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 15
Subject: Re: The Price is Almost Right Date: 9/22/1998 12:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This stock is very thinly traded. Short-term swings can be exaggerated. And, remember, this company has not demonstrated that their costs are under control and they can achieve good earnings. They have announced that they are on tract for $.50 earnings this year. If earnings do not grow, this is a $6.00 stock. If they can capitalize on the road bill with increased sales, achieve 5% margins and, perhaps, earn $.75 in 1999, then the stock should move up to $11-12. That would be a 100% move in a year when other stocks could be going down. It is a good story with a fair chance of happening, but the money is not yet in the bank.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement