No. of Recommendations: 2
The problem I have with that is this: If I need medical assistance, I want to go someplace where my insurance will cover me. If their staff tells me they accept my insurance or, especially, that they verified coverage with my insurance company, I am relying on that information.

Boy do I hear that. We got hit with a $400 bill because the assisting physician at my c-section for DS was NOT a provider for my insurance. Arrrgghh!! The hospital was a provider with our insurance, my OB was a provider, and the anesthesiologist was a provider...but unbeknownst to me ahead of time, my OB had an assisting physician present for the surgery, and HE was not covered! So we ended up paying $400 more out of pocket (well out of our medical FSA) than we had anticipated. I was really peeved about that, because that is something that my OB ought to have told me before the c-section (i.e. that she would have another physician there to assist).

I'm still irked about it because now we have $400 less in our FSA, meaning we will have to eat some medical expenses this year that otherwise would have been tax-free. Grrrr.

StB.
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement