UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFBabo Three stars, 500 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 17  
Subject: Re: DBLE hasn't done much over the last 5 years Date: 1/3/2012 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The PV-10 is based on oil at $67.24 per bbl and gas at $3.69 per mcf. It was adjusted from $75.96 per bbl and $3.945 per MMBTU by field for energy content, transportation fees, and regional price differentials.

One thing to note is the price at the end of 2006 vs. 2010:

2006 year-end price: $24.55
2010 year-end price: $4.93

Shares at the end of 2010 and even now are far cheaper than the prices from 2006 and before. I wasn't aware of DBLE back in 2006, but I'm not sure I would've purchased it then. Now, however, it is much cheaper than it once was despite being in a better financial and operating condition.

With these little guys, it's indeed important to note what the future holds. DBLE is a much different company from what it was in 2006. Mid 2007 was huge for the company, since it was awarded the right to drill 1,800 coalbed methane and 200 conventional wells in the Atlantic Rim, its biggest area by production.

DBLE was generating $11 million in operating cash flow in 2006 and now generates over $20 million. If you look at 2010, it was the first year it was self-funded, with operating cash flow outpacing capex. That's pretty rare for a small cap that can still grow. Now that it's self-funded and doesn't need infusions of capital via debt or equity issuance, we want growth.

In the end, natural gas prices are low and hitting lows. DBLE's stock price goes up if natural gas price eventually gets better, or if the Niobrara exploration goes well. The current market price assigns little if any value to the Niobrara. Also, PV-10 is based on constant pricing, and I'm a long-term believer in higher natural gas prices (though not quite in the short-term). Both potential catalysts will take some time to play out, but I believe at least one of them will hit.

If the Niobrara exploration is unsuccessful and gas prices never recover, the investment case is busted.

Best,
Paul
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement