Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The "correct" way to report the working interview income is to list the $120 on line 21 other income. Your wife can deduct any expenses related to this income (travel?) on Sch A as miscellaneous itemized deductions subject to 2% of AGI. Unless you already have a lot of these type of deductions, she won't get any additional benefit.

You only submit copies of Form 1099 when they list tax withholdings. Otherwise just make sure the numbers are entered in the appropriate places on your return. (Gross rollover amount line 16a, $0 line 16b).

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.