No. of Recommendations: 5
The "why" is specifically because the company is so well regarded by people who I respect from working with them for many years and know the industry. This is a very speculative stock, however I believe the risk reward relationship is compelling. At this time "numbers" mean little. By the time the "numbers" become informative the company will be in bankruptcy or the stock will have so appreciated that the risk reward relationship will no longer be attractive.

TMA is the kind of stock that I love because so many investors panic at the fear of loosing money when a good company hits bad times. When one has been on Wall Street for many years, as have I, one learns that intuition counts for something. Over several decades investing in companies like this I have lost money but made much more. I started out with ConEd decades ago when everybody thought the company was going bankrupt and it turned out to be a multi-bagger. I lost on Consico. Net net my high risk portfolio has done far better than the S&P since 1974. I retired from Wall Street 13 years ago when I was 51 and have supported myself and my family in a very affluent life style and increased my net worth substantially with my stock market investments. One does not bet the ranch on stocks like TMA, but when they come through they add a lot of return to a portfolio that has a goodly portion of solid stocks that protect against the downside, but do little to make real money. Fortunately I did not own TMA as one of my boring stocks before the debacle because I did not see any upside in the industry. If I am correct in my assessment of TMA I will make some nice money, sell and go on to better things. If I loose I will wait for the next opportunity.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement