UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jammerh Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 267391  
Subject: The Real Secret To Investing In Stocks... Date: 6/5/2002 9:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
The number of reccommendations given out on this board has been terrible!! I'd like to point out that there seems to be many helpful posters to this board, and they are very deserving pf receiving your recommendations for the information they so selflessly provide us.

If you are a relatively new member you can say "thank-you" to a poster you find helpful, by clicking on the blue words "recommend it" at the right hand corner of the post. Although I'm sure most of these helpful soles would give their time and energies to helping anyway it can be a helpful sign of recognition if you increase a poster's total number of recommendation and rec/ratio.

Posters are often judged on the basis of such numbers elsewhere by other readers and it can help a poster gain credibility if he has a higher number of posts or high rec-to-post ratio.

Posters such as Quill-And-Pen, JeanWa, Foolbar73, friendlygirl, TMFJeanie, and many others I can't recall offhand are continuously giving very helpful suggestions and information. They are deserving of this small token of recognition in this respect.

Each of us is limited in respect to how many recs we can give each day. But one idea might be to visit this board after you're finished elsewhere and give out your remaining recs to those who you think have been helpful to other posters. I try to do this if I have time. I think people who have been repeatedly helpful deserve such special thanks.

Thanks for listening. Now go rec somebody!!

Oh, and the secret to investing? I'd forgotten about that. Well, it is dividend growth. If you're interested in this you might want to read some of my past posts on the subject, do a keyword search on "dividend growth", or "dividends", under TMF Articles, or read Dividends Don't Lie by Geraldine Weiss, or The Dividend Rich Investor, by the editors of S&P's Outlook. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

jammerh

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement