UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1967434  
Subject: Re: Jon Stewart on Today's Republican Party Date: 10/8/2012 11:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

The reason why Obama got waxed last week is that his entire campaign has been based on painting the GOP as a bunch of wild eyed crazy freaks. INSTEAD OF talking about where he wants to take the country.

I generally agree with this. What is interesting is that the Democrats are trying what didn't work before.

In 2010 the meme was that the Tea Party was a bunch of wild eyed crazy freaks. It largely was bogus. The Democrats basically made a misperception error about what generated the tea party in the first place, it was NOT evangelical moral majority issues, IT WAS TAX ISSUES.

I cannot stress this enough. The Democrats misperception of what the tea party was and was not was a serious error. Worse was that they drank their own kool aid on this beyond 2010, still clinging to the notion that the 700 club types were the tea party. It was daft.

Now they are trying this same strategy again. Had the GOP nominated Perry, it might make some sense, but they didn't nominate Perry, they nominated Romney, who is about as far ideologically from the 700 club crew as I am, and that is a LONG freaking way.

But, hell, maybe it will work out for them. Romney has not been able to break out yet and Obama has very little to run on and even less of a vision for the future other than more of the same.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement