UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: EverettRuess Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1972748  
Subject: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/13/2012 9:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/election/2012/11/13/romney-advi...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836450 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/13/2012 10:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
How odd that all the things these people *assured* us would tank the economy suddenly now become acceptable having lost the election!

It's almost as if their original positions were whims based on political expediency rather than thought out.... One wonders if the people who follow them are noticing these reversals...

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836496 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/14/2012 6:00 AM
Recommendations: 41
“There are ways to raise revenue without increasing marginal rates. Tax deductions should be scaled back, especially in the areas of mortgage interest, charitable giving and employer-provided health insurance,” Hubbard wrote.

Isn't it cute how the 1% will jump through any hoop to avoid increasing their marginal tax rate? They seem especially enamored of hypocritically making life difficult for the middle class while claiming to be their champions.

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836571 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/14/2012 1:02 PM
Tax deductions should be scaled back, especially in the areas of mortgage interest, charitable giving and employer-provided health insurance,
I'm totally fine with this, but it will have a huge impact on the middle-class and on evangelicals who tithe. I think when people see the reality of what "close the loopholes and get rid of deductions" looks like, they won't be as happy about it as the bumper sticker would make them believe.

Me, I think we should raise the SS cap, get rid of the mortgage deduction, raise the top tax rates, and then lower corporate taxes. It would still be a net savings, and it wouldn't take it all out of the middle class.

Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836613 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/14/2012 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 44
Meanwhile, anti-tax campaigner Grover Norquist said in an interview with the National Journal that

Who cares what Grover Norquist said? Who cares what he says? He is an economic terrorist, willing to destroy the entire country to get his way.

“There are ways to raise revenue without increasing marginal rates. Tax deductions should be scaled back, especially in the areas of mortgage interest, charitable giving and employer-provided health insurance,” Hubbard wrote.

Who cares what Glenn Hubbard says? The idea that you are going to limit deductions on church giving, and get a pass from the rabid right is four light-years past absurd. The mortgage deduction doesn't actually benefit much of the middle class, who take the standard deduction, but just announce that you're thinking about cutting it and see if you can find the remnants of your political party. And didn't we just have a debate about health care? Is this what the Republicans were saying: take away the deductions for employer provided healthcare?

Why is anybody listening to these people, much less quoting them? You might as well have Donald Trump run your political organization. Oh wait...

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836834 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/15/2012 12:21 AM

Isn't it cute how the 1% will jump through any hoop to avoid increasing their marginal tax rate

cuter: all of the 99% who jump through the hoops For them

Author: olRoger One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836837 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/15/2012 12:43 AM
cuter: all of the 99% who jump through the hoops For them

Didn't you mean 47%. 47% + 0.5% equals republican vote.

It is "assumed" that the bottom quintile are takers, but they donate to the needy to a higher percentage that the other quintiles.

o R

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836839 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/15/2012 12:48 AM
Goofyhoofy says

Who cares what Grover Norquist said? Who cares what he says? He is an economic terrorist, willing to destroy the entire country to get his way.

Thank you. That needed to be said. I can't believe the number of politicians who have handed over their brains, their balls, and their immortal souls to this criminal.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836848 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/15/2012 4:23 AM
Quit picking on the 1%. The damn commies of the Donkey Party throw the middle class under the bus with damn near every move they make, so they have no room to talk about the rich fighting to keep them from stealing from the rich to give to the poor like a bunch of Robin Hoods. The commies steal from the middle class too, but those damn truthless liars will never admit that, because we'd have a revolution if they did.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836849 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/15/2012 4:32 AM
Grover Norquist sucks. He's a bigger A hole than the damn commies, and that's saying something. I hate taxes too, but they're gonna go up or the debt bomb will blow up the damn economy.

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836885 of 1972748
Subject: Re: The Right Will Cave Date: 11/15/2012 9:30 AM
goofy: "Who cares what Grover Norquist said? Who cares what he says? He is an economic terrorist, willing to destroy the entire country to get his way."

We are forced to care about Grover Norquist because he is an evil man who wields a huge amount of power and has been a primary force in driving our nation into bankruptcy.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement