Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 586  
Subject: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/5/2005 10:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In sort of a pre-announcement Cemetery Dance Publishing has revealed that they will be publishing a new book by Stephen King, "The Secretary of Dreams" (as well as two or three others by King) in 2006. I assume they will be handling the limited and lettered editions... as they did for "From a Buick 8" but I don't know that for sure. King might replacing Grant with Cemetery Dance in this capacity. I have quite a few of Cemetery Dance's books and they do a great job (I absolutely love their novella series) but I'm not sure if they're any better than Grant at getting things out on time.

To keep updated...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/BreakingNews

http://www.cemeterydance.com/secretary/index.html
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 567 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 10:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
For you King collecters, Cemetery Dance is making the announcement of the book late morning/early afternoon today. From the sounds of it they don't expect whatever print run they're going to have to last very long. So, if you want one...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/

The scuttlebutt is that this is going to be a graphic novel that's somehow based King's "The Cell", due out in January.

Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 568 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 2:28 PM
Well here's the scoop...

The Secretary of Dreams
by Stephen King
World Fantasy Award winner Cemetery Dance Publications, critically acclaimed artist Glenn Chadbourne, and New York Times bestselling author Stephen King are proud to announce The Secretary of Dreams, the master of horror's first unabridged graphic short story collection!

Featuring a half-dozen classic tales of terror personally selected by King, this collection presents his stories for the first time in the tradition of the pulp horror comics. Spanning close to 250 oversized pages, the hundreds of illustrations and full comic panels from acclaimed Maine artist Glenn Chadbourne transform The Secretary of Dreams into a work of art. Not one word from King's stories has been left out, but now they've been brought to life by hundreds of pen and ink drawings by Chadbourne! The featured stories are: "The Road Virus Heads North," "Uncle Otto's Truck," "The Rainy Season," "The Reach," "Jerusalem's Lot," and "Home Delivery."

This exclusive Cemetery Dance title will feature an oversized deluxe trim-size and is available in three editions: a slipcased Gift Edition limited to 5,000 copies, a traycased deluxe Limited Edition limited to 750 copies signed by King and Chadbourne, and a deluxe Lettered Edition limited to 52 copies signed by King and Chadbourne and housed in a hand-made hinged box.

There are no other editions planned of this title, but King has already selected six more stories for a second volume that will be announced in 2006, and Chadbourne is hard at work on the illustrations!

Cemetery Dance's servers have been completely overwhelmed at this time and they just posted a notice saying they'd be back up in thirty minutes to try to take the orders again... I've been trying to get through since they posted the announcement and haven't been able to place an order.

Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 569 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 3:15 PM
I got one! A little pricey at $75 (plus $10 S&H) for the Gift edition but I don't expect the value to go down as time goes on.

Author: coldfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 570 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 4:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
Mark, I nabbed one also...I had almost given up entirely, couldn't even get the website.

~cold

Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 571 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 6:52 PM
Mark, I nabbed one also...I had almost given up entirely, couldn't even get the website.

Great! If you haven't gotten any of their books before you'll love it, they do a nice job. They had me quite worried, I didn't think less than 5300 orders would take the site down like that. I see that they've taken down the signed/limiteds and may be sold out of them. You'll be seeing the gift edition on ebay for $150 the day after they mail them out. ;~)

It's good to hear from you cold and nice to see someone is still reading the board.

Author: coldfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 572 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 7:02 PM
Yes, I think the signed/limiteds were gone before I ever connected.
I meant to say thanks to you, by the way, for posting the link to cemetery dance last month. This will be my first book from them, so I'm glad to see your 'stamp of approval'.

I still check the board as it's still listed on my favs...just haven't had anything worth the bandwidth to add (not that that's ever stopped me before <G>)

~cold

Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 573 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 7:28 PM
I meant to say thanks to you, by the way, for posting the link to cemetery dance last month. This will be my first book from them, so I'm glad to see your 'stamp of approval'.

I have quite a few of their books, they have a nice lineup of authors. I have all but four editions in their Novella Series and I have loved every book in the series. Though... and I wouldn't want them to get wind of this, I wouldn't buy their in stock books directly from them except as part of the deals they offer through their newsletter or on their website. Or... when they announce something that looks like it's going to sell out even before it's published (like today). There seems to be a nice premium on a lot of their Out of Print books but the ones that are still in stock can be had for a song on ebay and there's always a nice selection. I picked up a signed/limited of Christopher Golden's "Wildwood Road" today for $1 plus $4.85 S&H (they have it on their site for $40) . That's not an everyday occurrence and I bid on any of their books at a dollar minimum bid even if I have them because I'll just offer them again on ebay once they go Out of Print. ;~) The only other King book they've done was the limited (and the lettered) edition of "From a Buick 8", my brother has a copy and it's a beautiful book.

Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 574 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 10:50 PM
Btw cold, did you check out the artwork?

http://www.cemeterydance.com/secretary/index.html

Click on the name of the short stories.

Author: coldfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 575 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/14/2005 10:58 PM
Btw cold, did you check out the artwork?

Yep, checked it already

Author: coldfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 577 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/18/2006 9:15 PM
I'm not sure if they're any better than Grant at getting things out on time.

I finally received my copy today. Do you have yours?

Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 578 of 586
Subject: Re: The Secretary of Dreams Date: 12/18/2006 11:18 PM
I'm not sure if they're any better than Grant at getting things out on time.

I finally received my copy today. Do you have yours?

Yes, I got mine a couple of days ago. It's truly a beautiful book (even though I'm not a big fan of Chadboure's work). I expected the whole thing to be in "graphic novel" format and was a little surprised to see... at a quick glance, that it only seems to be every other story. Also, I own about ten other books with slipcovers, in addition to the slipcovers Grant put out for the Dark Tower and that's the most attractive of any of them.

I'm not happy that my mylar covers aren't big enough to fit over the dust jacket though. ;~) I don't know where the hell I can pick up a single mylar cover that size.

Cemetery Dance quite a lineup of King related material coming out early next year.

I see Marvel's getting ready to put out the Dark Tower comic books in January.

Good to hear from you, cold.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement