Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The short answer is No. This is discussed briefly on Page 215 of the Motley Fool Investment Tax Guide 2000. Your reimbursed expenses are not deductible, nor is the reimbursement income to you. However, you may have extra expenses (gasoline, a motel, maybe transporting a pet) which were not reimbursed, and these would go on Line 26 as an adjustment to income. You have to file Form 3903 to find the details.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.