UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950206  
Subject: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 6:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 65
Gov. Bobby Jindal is the latest Republican to question the party's addiction to many hallmarks of conservative ideology, and in the process basically tells the Conservative Entertainment Complex to take a flying leap.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83743.html?hp=f3

We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

Calling on the GOP to be “the party of ideas, details and intelligent solutions,” the Louisianan urged the party to “stop reducing everything to mindless slogans, tag lines, 30-second ads that all begin to sound the same. “

Dumbed-down conservatism. The Stupid Party. When one of your rising stars of the party is so blunt in acknowledging what the rest of us have been saying all along, you might want to pay attention. The only alternative is to double down on the "stupid".
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836149 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 7:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yeh, well, he was one of its star performers. Whether or not he believed it, is another matter.

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836154 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 8:30 AM
Recommendations: 5
Calling on the GOP to be “the party of ideas, details and intelligent solutions,” the Louisianan urged the party to “stop reducing everything to mindless slogans, tag lines, 30-second ads that all begin to sound the same. “

Says the moron that mocked federal spending for volcano monitoring.

--FY

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836155 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 8:31 AM
We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

If the Republican Party started taking that advice, they might start winning elections.

Shhh!!! Everybody keep quiet!!!

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836156 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 8:34 AM
Recommendations: 1

I imagine that there are quite a few Republicans who are waking up right now with head aches and a bad taste in their mouths..... trying to remember what they did, fleeting recollections making them wince.

"Did I REALLY mock federal spending for volcano monitoring???"

Yes, Bobby, you did.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836195 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 9:44 AM
Recommendations: 49
Yeh, well, he was one of its star performers. Whether or not he believed it, is another matter.

There is hardly a Republican in office that hasn't been complicit in perpetuating the various Big Lies (tax cuts for the wealthy create jobs; energy independence = "drill baby drill"; Obama is "far left"; emergency responders are a luxury we can't afford; so on and so forth) that currently represent the extent of Republican "big ideas". It's reached the point where it is noteworthy when a Republican politician diverges from the party-assigned talking points which, themselves, have only become louder and stupider as the years have worn on.

Did Jindal believe it? I think a lot of them have convinced themselves to believe the crap they were forced to spout, and in retrospect are a little embarassed at their behavior. It's a bit heartening to see this reflection as it's long overdue. It's a degree of repentance for what has been a shameless display.

They did this for a reason. They thought this was the path to electoral victory - pandering to the angriest, the most radical, the least informed, the most susceptible to having their opinions shaped by the rantings of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, a squirming bolus of right-wing radio haters, basement bunker crackpot conspiracy websites, and the 24/7 bleed of comfortable ignorance on FOS News that lent a veneer of credibility to all their wackiness. The politicians courted this audience, and was subsumed by them.

This begs the question - from where did this "Conservative Entertainment Complex" arise? Whom does it benefit? Certainly not the GOP, who has been forced to wear this albatross of Stupid. Whether it was simply a free market response to a minority population of pitchfork-carrying goobers, or a more coordinated corporate-sponsored assault on party sanity, the results attest to the ultimate damage to the Republican brand. They now face a choice: Keep pandering to a minority demographic of stupids, or rush to sell the American people on the idea that they've learned their lesson by returning to the center.

Should the party follow Jindal's advice, then the only question left to the American people is whether or not we can trust their newfound change of heart, or if this is just another bait and switch.

Author: FCorelli Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836207 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 10:20 AM
--------------------------------------------------
If the Republican Party started taking that advice, they might start winning elections.

Shhh!!! Everybody keep quiet!!!

Actually t'other way 'round. If people knew exactly what they're up to they'd never win an election. The only way they could get as far as they have is appealing to stupid/selfish/ "What can we against today" thinking.

Sure they could win, not only elections but some real respect by denying all they believe and all that defines them but then they wouldn't be Republicans anymore. They'd have to destroy the village in order to save it

Author: CM001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836212 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 10:33 AM
Recommendations: 3
I think one remark doesn't make anyone moron, much less a politician. He was commenting on what he thought as wasteful spending. Clearly he was wrong.

That doesn't make all his comments wrong.

It is important the moderate voices within GOP not mocked by both right and left. His comments are for his party, conservative movement to consider, debate and act.

Lastly, your post is irrelevant to what he said in that politico interview.

Author: saunafool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836225 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 11:00 AM
Recommendations: 5
This begs the question - from where did this "Conservative Entertainment Complex" arise? Whom does it benefit? Certainly not the GOP, who has been forced to wear this albatross of Stupid. Whether it was simply a free market response to a minority population of pitchfork-carrying goobers, or a more coordinated corporate-sponsored assault on party sanity, the results attest to the ultimate damage to the Republican brand. They now face a choice: Keep pandering to a minority demographic of stupids, or rush to sell the American people on the idea that they've learned their lesson by returning to the center.

Great question.

From a free market perspective, Fox News, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh all make perfect sense. If you get 3 million people totally fired up so that they will watch/listen to your show every day, you will make huge amounts of money. The more fired up, the better.

Unfortunately, 3 million people, no matter how loud they scream, no matter how mad they are, no matter what kind of garbage you can make them believe will not win national elections in the U.S.

Meanwhile, all the venom that they soak up and spew is really bad for civil discourse.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836335 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 3:13 PM
From a free market perspective, Fox News, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh all make perfect sense. If you get 3 million people totally fired up so that they will watch/listen to your show every day, you will make huge amounts of money. The more fired up, the better.

An important note - this does not appear to be a growth market going forward. This is a good thing and seems to indicate that the potential number of "infected" has peaked.

Unfortunately, 3 million people, no matter how loud they scream, no matter how mad they are, no matter what kind of garbage you can make them believe will not win national elections in the U.S.

Last election was a huge relief for those of us who wondered whether or not that was the case. Shifting demographics argue for the idea that the Republican Angry Old White Christian strategy isn't going to have quite the pull going forward.

Though, knowing their willingness to sell out for votes, watch the Republican party become the Party Of Amnesty over the next few years.

Author: Wessex99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836415 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/13/2012 7:26 PM
Dumbed-down conservatism. The Stupid Party. When one of your rising stars of the party is so blunt in acknowledging what the rest of us have been saying all along, you might want to pay attention. The only alternative is to double down on the "stupid".

I'm expecting a doubling down on the stupid. They've been going that route for 32 years (if not even more), so I really doubt that we'll see any wide-spread substantive changes.

Wessex

Author: MDGluon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836473 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 12:32 AM
The only alternative is to double down on the "stupid".

Give you seven to one odds they are going to double down.

md

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836482 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 1:55 AM
"the Louisianan urged the party to “stop reducing everything to mindless slogans, tag lines, 30-second ads that all begin to sound the same. “

In all fairness though, "hope and change" isn't a tag line that sounds the same?

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836483 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 1:58 AM
"if this is just another bait and switch."

And what do you call, "I'm going to close GITMO."

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836484 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 1:59 AM
"Meanwhile, all the venom that they soak up and spew is really bad for civil discourse."

Time to shut down the Fool then.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836517 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 9:46 AM

Aside from all the Republican bashing I think you had better take a good look at the dem party...

The White House is imploding. One scandal after another and becoming worse as facts emerge. The Benghazi attack and the murder of four Americans.

The sh!t is hitting the fan and the poop is splattering all over the WH. The prez coverups are not working. More and more people are demanding answers. Whatever the prez reasons were, you do not out and out lie to the American people and brush off the families of the fallen Americans and you do not use dedicated Americans, hold them hostage for your convenience of more coverups and then throw 'em under the bus.

Tell me again, who is the party of stupid? I'll tell you, it is the dems with their lies, coverups and four more years of failure.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836528 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 10:42 AM
"Tell me again, who is the party of stupid? I'll tell you, it is the dems with their lies, coverups and four more years of failure."

And yet - they won. Get over it already.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836689 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 5:29 PM
And yet - they won. Get over it already.

Oh, don't worry about it, I'm over it because personally the prez can't touch me. I don't need a job and we are very comfortable otherwise.
What I can't get over is the millions of Americans who don't have a job, who have lost their home and the coverup of four murdered Americans.
The prez won is all you care about and care less of all of the above. It doesn't matter to you the prez has no clue to fix the economy any more he had a clue the past four years.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836694 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 5:34 PM
"The prez won is all you care about and care less of all of the above."

You have no clue regarding what I care about. Your ongoing rant about an alleged coverup fed by Fox 'news' while you simultaneously ignored tens of thousands of deaths perpetrated by Bush the Lesser places you firmly in tin foil hat territory. No credibility, sorry.

'It doesn't matter to you the prez has no clue to fix the economy any more he had a clue the past four years.'

You are equally clueless when it comes to what matters to me - and to the state of the economy, for that matter.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836714 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 6:12 PM
Recommendations: 2
You have no clue regarding what I care about. Your ongoing rant about an alleged coverup fed by Fox 'news' while you simultaneously ignored tens of thousands of deaths perpetrated by Bush the Lesser places you firmly in tin foil hat territory. No credibility, sorry.

Your posts spell out what you care about...the prez won and don't give a flying fig about the four murdered Americans. The prez already had four years of failure and four more years of the same to come.

lol@u and your straw man Bush excuse.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836720 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 6:25 PM
"Your posts spell out what you care about...the prez won and don't give a flying fig about the four murdered Americans."

Your command of logic, reason, and common sense fails you on a regular basis.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836727 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 6:35 PM
Recommendations: 4
Your posts spell out what you care about...the prez won and don't give a flying fig about the four murdered Americans. The prez already had four years of failure and four more years of the same to come.

lol@u and your straw man Bush excuse.

-----------

You are a very unhappy and miserable lady, aren't you?

AM

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836731 of 1950206
Subject: Re: The Stupid Party Date: 11/14/2012 6:45 PM
She has almost orgasmic glee when people are killed.
Then she gets to use her big club to bash the President.

Sick and twisted how she revels in death and destruction.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement