No. of Recommendations: 2
Received a piece of spam in Newt Gingrich's name today about tax "reform".

Next April, when you're filling out your taxes, you will notice some huge changes. And trust me, you're going to like these changes.

I was talking with Paul Ryan last week about his plan for tax reform -- about how your taxes will be simpler, fairer, and lower.

His plan radically simplifies the tax code, reducing the size of the form to a post card!
We heard that post card line from Saint Reagan 35 years ago too

It also removes loopholes making the system fairer, and it will lower tax rates for every income level.
are the rate cuts equal, like everyone gets a 2 percentage point cut in their marginal rate, or are the rate cuts skewed to favor the "job creator class"? (as if anyone needs to ask)

And this plan is built for growth. It will inject trillions of dollars into the American economy -- making everyday life easier for all Americans.
through whose hands do those trillions flow, those of working people, or the "job creator class" that will tell tales about how it will trickle down through the hands of their gardeners and Gulfstream polishers?

Bottom line? You will notice the difference when you file your taxes next April.

There are two sorts of "difference", good and bad.

Promising all these goodies for next April means the "reforms" would be retroactive to 2017, not take effect for 18. I guess Newt's buddies want to get rid of the AMT right now, no matter how much chaos retroactive changes would create for everyone else.

Steve
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement