Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The trustee is a bank and the fund was set up by parents with funds from grandparents. This is irrelevant however if what you say is true as far as a judge deciding to award a dollar amount period, even if it is based on assets in trust but not necessarily from assets in trust. Other than a run down old house there are no other assets and it looks to me that there is no hope. She and her attorney will force the depletion of these funds. I was under the assumption that premarital assets could not be touched. Perhaps this is too sticky an issue to discuss here. If there is anyone on board who is familiar as to how this works, I would appreciate your input. Being on the fringe in this whole affair I am not getting complete answers from anyone.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement