Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35906  
Subject: The Walking Dead Date: 7/16/2012 11:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hmmmm....

I'm not so sure this is a game rather than an interactive movie. That being said, I enjoyed it. It's on sale for $15 from Steam and frankly, I can't explain why, but I think you should play it. The graphics stutter at times (might be an ATI issue) which shouldn't happen considering their low quality but the story IS engaging. Having a short period of time to make major decisions results in some interesting choices. The sense of urgency is there.

So yeah, not sure why, but I think you should play this.

Simon
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Draggon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34857 of 35906
Subject: Re: The Walking Dead Date: 9/4/2012 10:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
1971simon: I think you should play this

I wholeheartedly second this opinion! Daaaayyyyyaaaaammmmmmmm, man!

I bought The Walking Dead during the Steam summer sale and am just now getting around to playing it. Played Episode 1 last night and Episode 2 tonight. There are some extremely tense moments in this game - not for the squeamish for sure!

Be warned though - only 3 of 5 Episodes are currently available. I'm hesitant to play the 3rd 'cuz I don't want to be left hanging too long! :D

I'll likely go back and replay, intentionally making some different choices at major turning points to see what happens differently.

Based on the lack of fanfare here, I'm guessing this game is currently quite under-rated.

Draggon

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34897 of 35906
Subject: Re: The Walking Dead Date: 10/4/2012 3:32 AM
Recommendations: 0
Just played the latest episode tonight. Man, it's good. Catches you in it's hooks and won't let go. It's 12:30 and bed time now. But I had to get the episode done. If you start from scratch make sure you have some time on your hands....

Simon

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34908 of 35906
Subject: Re: The Walking Dead Date: 10/14/2012 5:48 PM
Wow, latest episode is intense. It also shows that there were lots of choices along the way. Very interesting.

Anyone else playing it?

Simon

Author: Beerio Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34909 of 35906
Subject: Re: The Walking Dead Date: 10/15/2012 8:33 AM
I'm still on Episode 1 - unfortunately, like pretty much everyone on my Steam Friends list, I have become entirely absorbed by X-Com.

If you haven't got that, go buy it now. It's fab. An excellent and updated remake of the original. Really really good.

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34956 of 35906
Subject: Re: The Walking Dead Date: 11/22/2012 2:33 PM
Episode 5 was brutal. Play the game right through if you can, always playing at least 2 episodes in a row to keep you in the mood.

Stick through the credits.

Simon

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement