No. of Recommendations: 2
The War Is Over...And We Won

http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013/2/14/the-war-is-overand...

<SNIP>
The end of the end, so to speak, was in 1994. That was the year the Internet gained widespread public knowledge and use. Governments have always thrived by controlling education of the young, controlling the currency and controlling information. In other words: indoctrination, inflation, misinformation, and propaganda. The governed vastly outnumber the governors so force was never enough to keep control. Sure you could make an example out of a couple of the slaves by using violence on them. But to efficiently control a bunch of humans and use them as tax cows, you have to convince them that they are better off being tax cows. After the Internet, it became impossible for the governed not to find out the truth of their condition.

I understand if when I say that government has lost the war, you might think I'm crazy. After all, things look pretty bleak. Yes, the government is out of control in the US and in many other countries. But their actions are more like death throes. Like a big, mortally wounded beast, the state is lashing out with the strength and ferocity that comes from panic. It senses death approaching. And that may make it temporarily more dangerous. But the end is in sight. All their actions are actually reactions to fact that they're losing. They are trying to close the doors, control the flow of information and restrict the flow of capital, but people are finding ways around everything (especially people like us and the people who read publications like this).

<...>

<SNIP>
So keep your head down and stay sharp for now. But rejoice. Before you know it, it will be safe to celebrate out in the open.

An encouraging perspective... *I* had already arrived at the realization that current efforts fighting the beast were wasted efforts, and that eventually freedom (as with gravity) will prevail... but this author voices so well.

The growth of the liberty movement among our vibrant youth is inspiring, and "the next generational wave" will bring amazing social breakthroughs we can't even begin to imagine today.

If anything, perhaps we should step aside & loudly cheer forth (Forward!®) the statists... as the quicker they burn off their final ideological life energy, the better for everyone.

Dave
Print the post Back To Top
I get the same free e-mail. If there's a libertarian freebie newsletter out there I want it.

The story over and over again is that only freedom works. Unfortunately, mankind has this lemming-like tendency to follow the sociopaths that promise them a free lunch.
As a side note, I feel that we may be about to enter another age of the Gold Standard, like the world experienced between roughly 1714-1914. The elites have no desire to see their wealth inflated away. That's who is buying up all of that gold - central banks.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The story over and over again is that only freedom works. Unfortunately, mankind has this lemming-like tendency to follow the sociopaths that promise them a free lunch.

The useful are way too busy to control the mechanisms of propaganda

The useful get frustrated with useless pursuits, and allow the evil to just fester because it is not strong enough to do any harm, then all of a sudden like a cancer it takes over entire organisms.

Like education. The indoctrination of teachers was gradual and at many points opposed by the useful

Regularly the useful pointed out that training as a teacher was not really all that important compared to real life experience and a record of success that culminated in a desire to teach.

Those whol lived for control understood these people could not be allowed to educate. The young had to be indoctrinated and not have life's experience reach the young.

The propaganda ministers won, the rest is America 2012. Where folks desperately want the ability to escape the best funded and easiest to reach forms of education for their children. Of course, they are not allowed to, and frankly neither side fights all that hard.

Life is full of coincidences.
No. of Recommendations: 0
If anything, perhaps we should step aside & loudly cheer forth (Forward!®) the statists... as the quicker they burn off their final ideological life energy, the better for everyone.

Preach it, Brother Dave!
Advertisement