Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 13933  
Subject: The whatsitcalled area Date: 10/26/2012 8:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am currently translating the guidelines for a store CCTV system.
A camera is supposed to cover the area of/around the trash compactors where people are when they throw stuff in. Note: I don't really know if you stand in front or maybe above the compactors. Or if that varies from store to store.

The German word, translated literally, is "throw in area".

I was thinking of going with "disposal area of the trash compactors", but I'm not happy.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12704 of 13933
Subject: Re: The whatsitcalled area Date: 10/26/2012 10:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I would simply call it "the area immediately surrounding the trash compactors." The reason for someone being there isn't important. What's salient is that it's the area right around the equipment.

sheila

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12705 of 13933
Subject: Re: The whatsitcalled area Date: 10/26/2012 11:38 AM
Recommendations: 0
What Sheila said. A simple description as stated would identify the area, and eliminate the necessity to rely on gimmicky terminology.

~aj

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12718 of 13933
Subject: Re: The whatsitcalled area Date: 11/4/2012 2:51 PM
Recommendations: 0
I was thinking of going with "disposal area of the trash compactors", but I'm not happy.

"disposal area" by itself would be good.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement