UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (306) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: aoeuid One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308348  
Subject: Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date: 11/3/2012 4:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The wife here

home taxes and insurance are already in our monthly payment figures -that's how our lender handles it

heating our home is already on the budget under home gas - we have electric and home gas set up to be billed same amount monthly so no surprises. By them figuring are average usage through prior year and we pay the average for the next year to keep payment same.

Clothing for myself and/or our kids are through hand me downs and my selling friends/families unwanted things to come up with the money. But I agree should be in budget at this point willing to leave it off.

Gifts we have some things already bought clearance sales and stored for future gifts and I regift many things passed down to me. Or I have bought end of season or retiring item (gymboree/american girl) then resale for 2 to 3x what I paid for it then I have that extra cash for gifts. Have not done that for a year though do to market I watch it to be sure not a mistake I have not yet gotten a fail in times I have done it though. I also get money given to me from a friend and occasionally a few family members to use to go to end of season sales to plan ahead.But yes I do think should be in budget but at this point it is not.

Yes I do know also of yearly car insurance/repairs etc. We just paid for the insurance for a year last month and thankfully we have friends that help with car repairs often. But yes I do agree need a budget for also but at this point any money sitting tends to be spent.

I cut my girls hair most of the time and my own bangs. Once maybe twice a year when I do let a friend do it for us. Then she only charges me $15 for all 4 of us. And yes I also shave my husbands head to. And NO I do not get my nails done or any of that frivolous spending either. And if my hair gets colored I do it myself also.

Recently I was making $500 a month. Since my increase I am scheduled for a normal schedule (at this point) to be $1000 a month. I will have times of increase do to clients that have rentals etc. (occasional needs). At the moment this month I should also bring in apx another $400 in with those extra needs clients. So this month will be apx $1400 as my income that I will bring in without taxes etc taken out yet. But yes with my business it will fluctuate. And yes most likely in June I will no longer have my part timer and his income will no longer be part of mine. But I am very confident between now and then that I will easily make up for it. I will be trying very hard to balance all the places/people that will need me with my cleaning business as is I am sure. Plus just as easy as I got him and all the other children I have watched over the years if I wanted to I could replace him to. And yes I have had enough experience with doing childcare for 15 years to know to set aside money for taxes, etc. Hence my opening a separate checking account for my business and that purpose of allowing the needed amount to be set aside in it each month.

And Angry geek I so wish this was a troll instead of reality. But sadly NO it is my life and I just try my best to stay a float amidst it all.

But now since I sunk to reading and posting on this to. I am now behind on all my duties in our house and with spending time with our precious blessings. So I am off of here and back to the things that count and I believe that it's not some forum.

signing off the wife
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (306) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement