Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The Wild West was nice while it lasted, but a parent who feels that grave physical danger is the answer to rules, regulations, authority and the "system" should be questioned, challenged and dealt with right up front.

And who challenges Big Brother? I just recently heard an individual quoted on a radio talk show who referred to those who believed in "the cult of individualism" as among the "lunatic fringe" that "needed to be suppressed." Sorry, can't name the person; wish I could.

We have lost our Republic. We may debate exactly when it happened or who is responsible, but we have lost it. There is a considerable, and steadily growing, amount of savagery and just plain lunacy in this society today. I personally have encountered too much of it, and I personally think that much of it is being fostered in the schools.

We have a long tradition of civil disobedience in this country. When I was a kid, it was actually taught in the school that there was a moral imperative to resist evil laws. But now the pendulum has swung to where "we all have an obligation to obey the law, whether we like it or not."

Bullshit. If the law is wrong it is wrong. If it is wrong, it must not be obeyed. By disobeying, if you are a dissident, then you accept that there may be consequences to the disobedience. So be it. Disobey the consequences as well and don't give up.

Oh yes. Don't f*ck with my children.

Actually, at the present time, I am liquidating assets - mostly for business reasons. It is hard, and it is taking too long. But when I am done, I may well vote with my feet. I have done a fair amount of globe trotting over the last 20 years, and I have found a couple of places on the globe that I like better than here.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement