Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Well, aside from having a dual core machine vs. a quad core machine I meet all of the recommended settings. However, the graphical settings the game selected for me is everything, EVERYTHING, at the bare minimum or, more likely, disabled. WTF?!?! I have an 18 month old video card and it can't handle this game on anything but the lowest of specs. Wow.

Of course right now this isn't such a huge issue. The game won't launch. In the READ ME file it says to turn off your anti-virus when installing the game. Um, to get the READ ME file I had to install the game. Maybe this should be mentioned in Steam? Maybe even a pop-up?

Well, I'm off to see what Google says about these two issues.

Fun game so far...

Simon
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Sometimes, getting the game to run is half of the fun.

;-)

C2H5SH
No. of Recommendations: 0
The sex scene they posted on Kotaku was pretty cool.

Although, why bother buying it for that when you can just watch it on Kotaku...

- C -
It turned out to be a pretty easy solution. Turn off your anti-virus, verify your files with steam, keep your anti-virus off, play game.

I played the prologue today. About 5 hours on and off. Holy mother this is cool. The Witcher has a great storyline and so far this is not disappointing. I am getting sick of the amnesia plot line though for every sequel. Can't you just start out with a pile of skills and make the monsters harder to fight? That being said, I have faith in the developers to do this right.

I upped it to medium+ settings and everything also seems to be fine but I think I may have to replay it when I get my new machine just to see everything at max. Even at my crappy settings it all looks good.

Anyway, back to the game.

Simon
Watched a vid preview for this game, it looks really cool.

Makes me want to get off my rear-end and get that new PC built.
Advertisement