UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: yttire Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 454732  
Subject: The wiz Date: 12/12/2011 4:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 32
Dorothy tumbles end over end, spinning and spinning, heading towards a yellow brick road. She lands right on top of Scarecrow

Scarecrow: "Oof!"

Dorothy: "Oh Scarecrow, we are back here again, together, after so many years! Now which way do we go?"

Scarecrow points both ways, then at her silver shoes: "We follow your shoes!"

Dorothy: "Oh but Scarecrow, the original wizard of Oz was written based on a period of high unemployment, where a fixed monetary base of gold led to high unemployment of workers by allowing in a deflationary spiral- silver had to be considered a unit of exchange, expanding the monetary base to counteract the deflation. That is what my silver shoes represented, and now, sadly.." she cries.

Scarecrow: "Come along Dorothy. Don't cry."

Dorothy: "But scarecrow, the EU nations have all just signed onto a gold standard, or the equivalent- a fixed monetary base of the Euro. That is going to lead to.."

Toto: "Bark. A deflationary debt spiral?"

Dorothy: "Toto- I didn't know you could talk! But you are correct. Also austerity, and higher and higher unemployment, making a recession. It is a guaranteed recession now Scarecrow."

Scarecrow: "Just tap your shoes together!"

Dorothy: "But I don't have the political power to tap my shoes, I can't force the ECB to print more Euros. In fact, they have just stated.. they have just stated.."

Scarecrow: "What Dorothy?"

Dorothy: "A limited purchase of sovereign bonds.. it not only is not monetary loosening, it is essentially monetary tightening."

Scarecrow: "It can't be all that bad."

Toto: "Bark. The bankers say sovereign default will lead to worldwide financial collapse. Perhaps that is a lie. At least, an inflationary default does seem advisable."

Scarecrow: "Merkel is a tiger- she will never allow for inflation"

Dorothy: Liars, and tigers, and a bear market, oh my!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: qazulight Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 381648 of 454732
Subject: Re: The wiz Date: 12/12/2011 6:09 PM
Recommendations: 0
Oh that's good!

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 381675 of 454732
Subject: Re: The wiz Date: 12/13/2011 12:16 AM
....That is good. - Carol

Author: FlyingCircus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 381721 of 454732
Subject: Re: The wiz Date: 12/13/2011 1:24 PM
THAT is brilliance.

FC

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement