Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
The worry I have about these trusts though is that they are set up for UK Citizens living in the UK. If an ex-pat invested into them, would they end up having to pay UK Tax?

Since our expertise around here is pretty much limited to US tax law, you might do better on the UK boards even though you're an ex-pat:

You might also want to try the ex-pats board here, but I think that's mostly US citizens living abroad:

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.