No. of Recommendations: 7
Then, after several months, I began to realize what my greatest investment was.

It was time.

I had begun by taking time from my life, instead of my life taking time from me.

There's only so much time each one of us has on this old Earth, which is why I left the rat race at 49. For years, I watched folks my age die from heart attacks, cancer, and other unwanted events. I watched my parents die, a brother die, and my kid go off to college. Yes, I was a big success in my profession, but what did that bring me.... More money, but less time, and time was not an inexhaustable resource. Even with early retirement, time is not limitless, but at least I'm spending what's left of it on things other than racing around in circles and measuring success by the amount of money I can make or the number of folks I can run over in a single day.
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.