Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Hunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 974  
Subject: Re: Money issues Date: 7/12/2001 11:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
Then almost a year ago she decided to quit working, so she did. Her oldest was a senior in high school (she has four children). She found out that her oldest did not like having her around at all and told her so. She use to be the closest with him, but now with her being around all the time and actually seeing how he spent his days, she wanted to change his life. She didn't think he was studying enough. She didn't think he was being responsible enough, etc. She thought he should get a part time job to help pay for his car, insurance, gas, entertainment money, etc. He thought she should go back to work.

She eventually did go back to work and now she works more than she did before. She said her husband is happier now that she is working because he really hated the decrease in their income. She said her children are happier because now they can do more things that she doesn't approve of and can't stop. She said that she is happier because in time she will become so absorbed in her work again, which she really does love, that she will again believe she has a happy forturnate family life.

I won't comment on your friend's choices, but this struck a chord with me. I've stayed at home or worked pt, or from home all my childrens' lives, and I've decided that while it was very important to be there when they were babies, it's even more important to be there now that the oldest is getting into jr.high & on up. I want to know where my kids are, and who they are hanging out with, because inattention to these things now can be as dangerous as leaving a toddler alone by a swimming pool.

Always ;-)
Hunzi
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement