Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1117  
Subject: Then I beat sorc on the first try Date: 10/16/2007 6:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
...as a pastamancer. Which is pretty good, because in previous runs I've found that pastamancers are too fragile to survive long against the sorceress. But given a decent skill set and nearly unlimited resources, it's not so bad.

I was wearing:
plexiglass pith helmet
star shirt
Staff of the Grand Flambé
Brimstone Bunker
plexiglass pants
plexiglass pinky ring
Order of the Silver Wossname
woven baling wire bracelets

I had 252 hp and 540 mp.

The bunker kept the damage down to around 25-30 points per attack. I started out with fearful fettuccine, getting blocked most of the time. After I took a few rounds of damage, I started using funkslinging to use gas balloons (renders her unconscious) and gauze garter, then gas balloon and duck feathers once my health came back. When she was unconscious, I switched back to fettucini.

After chaining so many hardcore runs, including one bad moon, it has been very enjoyable to take a round of softcore and get to use all my skills, the best food, and most of the plexiglass gear. I used to dislike pastamancers, but as I add more permanent skills I find myself enjoying it a lot, especially now that I have flavour of magic. You can target maximum damage at every elemental enemy. One benefit is that you never have to use anything but a kickback cookbook in your offhand. Combine this with a chefstave and a scarf or pinky ring, and you can take out most of the high end enemies in one hit using only eXtreme ray. So playing a decked-out pastamancer now feels almost like the old days of unbeatable Lunging Thrust-Smacks. I highly recommend picking up flavour to try this out.

I'm going to perm eXtreme ray now, so I can play around in my next life (maybe as an accordion thief) and see how elemental damage stacks up for a non-myst class. I'll be interested to see how much the level cap affects pasta spells.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement