No. of Recommendations: 1
Then I called an Estate Auction company.

Eventually, a similar company will be contacted. The problems at this time is finding some family jewelry. Not worth much but I would like to find our parents wedding rings and a few other things. Another problem is there is still a missing handgun.

The pet damage is such that an on site estate sale is not an option. Not certain if an estate auction company would take stuff for an off-site sale. On site is not an option.

Our county is slow on responding to probate requests. The court date to open probate is still a couple of months out. Knowing that has someone decreased the stress. It will be mid-May before I can get serious about inspections, repair, and sale. Average time on market is 11 days. I have contracted with the real estate agent that previously sold a property for us. It has been calming to know that once the is empty, it should less than 3 weeks to have the interior cleaned, painted, and new flooring. I believe I have an outline for getting the property sold. I wouldn't call it a plan yet.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement