No. of Recommendations: 0
TheOthermfa writes:

<<As a state employee, unless you're working in a university or hospital system, you almost certainly have a 457 plan.>>

I'm a state employee working for a university, enrolled in a "415" plan. I though this just affected the amount I could contribute, but was otherwise the same as a 403. Have I been misled (again) by our crack personnel department?

I'd love to give you chapter and verse, but I don't know enough about state governmental plans to comment. I doubt highly that you have a 403b plan, but instead have some type of a defined contribution plan . If your benefits folks said it wasn't a 403b plan, then I would accept that at face value.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.