Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
There are income limitations that disqualify me from contributing to a Roth IRA. I can contribute to a Traditional IRA, though it's not tax deductible.

Do to a quirk that removed the income limitations from converting to a Roth, I can contribute to a Traditional IRA and immediately convert it to a Roth. I was exploring a feasible way to do just that.

If, from a tax deductible point of view, it makes no difference which kind of IRA gets the deposit, I'd rather it be deposited into a Roth.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.