No. of Recommendations: 3
There are plenty of people, a large majority of males ages 20-40 in fact, who are completely self-impressed just by getting eight feet wide TV on their wall. They'll invite all their friends over for the football game or Nascar race and all slap eachother on the back at the fantastic upscale equipment. They are blind to the failings of a cheap business projector fed with SDTV and a set of JBL shelf speakers.

And that's okay. It wouldn't make ME happy, but I'm only one guy. It makes them happy, and they spent a lot less than I did, so more power to them. The polite thing to do is slap them on the back too and help them figure out the cable connections.

If they ever happen into my watching room I don't care if they're impressed or not. I spent the money for MYSELF to achieve the level of quality that makes ME happy.

xtn
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement