Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
There are too many variables to be able to answer the poll. A lot would depend on age, health, current living accommodations, etc. Even the cardboard box might appeal to some if the view was good.
Shortly after my father passed, my mother moved to an assisted living facility at age 70 and enjoyed it for 20 years. Some people thrive on such facilities.
OTOH my MIL is 90 living independently in an apartment and “knows” she would not be happy with assisted living although I believe she would grow to appreciate it and her health condition may make it necessary.
Those that currently live in a single family home may find it difficult to adjust to a condo, apartment, or retirement housing. Those currently living in a condo or apartment might find the transition to retirement housing somewhat easier.
I think there is a level of comfort in a facility that has independent living, assisted living, and nursing facilities where one can transition from one to another as needed.

Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement