Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 213753  
Subject: There goes the stock price Date: 2/22/2013 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Seem like one "genius" has a rap against another.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/02/22/rap_genius_wa...

What Does Rap Genius Have Against Warren Buffett?

Snip:

Yesterday morning, Rap Genius cofounder Mahbod Moghadam initiated a bizarre feud with billionaire investor Warren Buffett, tweeting, from the @rapgenius handle (a small warning, by the way, that foul language in all caps is coming up): […]

Snip:

A few hours later, Moghadam announced a Warren Buffett diss track contest on Rap Genius for users interested in posting original lyrics badmouthing the 82-year-old CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Snip:

Is this the first hip-hop beef Buffett has ever been tangentially involved in? As far as I can tell, yes—though he does show up in rap lyrics from time to time. He hasn’t responded yet, presumably because he’s too busy acquiring H.J. Heinz Co., leveraging the ketchup company, and generally being a classy, likable guy. But if Buffet does reply, I’d recommend that he ask Jamie Dimon to be his hype man and lobby Ben Bernanke to officiate a rap battle to raise money for charity.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: thesaltyone Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199010 of 213753
Subject: Re: There goes the stock price Date: 2/22/2013 5:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
I read this article and immediately felt regret for wasting 2 minutes of my life in which I'll never get back.

jg

Author: bbmd2 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199017 of 213753
Subject: Re: There goes the stock price Date: 2/22/2013 8:29 PM
Recommendations: 1
As offensive as this whole rap challenge is, I am certain the members of this board can come up with great 'dis material.

I don't know how to search posts, but I remember Ravi posted a bunch of potential reasons why BRK could be a bad investment.

Then you add in how he is cheap, old , hard of hearing, drives poorly, wears old clothes. has a non-flashy house and car, Then make fun of how he didn't buy Wal Mart 20 years ago, and never pays a dividend...we can produce a diss track the likes of which no rapper has ever heard.

Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199018 of 213753
Subject: Re: There goes the stock price Date: 2/22/2013 9:45 PM
Recommendations: 0
Then you add in how he is cheap, old , hard of hearing, drives poorly, wears old clothes. has a non-flashy house and car[…]

This is definitely along the right lines.

In the article Mahbod Moghadam states he loathes him for eating at McDonald's and bragging about it.

kelbon

Author: oddhack Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199019 of 213753
Subject: Re: There goes the stock price Date: 2/23/2013 6:15 AM
Recommendations: 2
Fortunately, neither party has yet appeared on Epic Rap Battles of History (http://epicrapbattlesofhistory.com/), so there is a natural mechanism available to document and publicize the result.

Although even Warren will have a hard time living up to Hayek vs. Keynes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk

Author: susan400 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199031 of 213753
Subject: Re: There goes the stock price Date: 2/23/2013 3:52 PM
Recommendations: 3
MANY people hate WB, emanates from a deep subconscious envy.
Has been this way from day 1.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement