Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71040  
Subject: Re: 2003 Cad Escalade Date: 10/24/2012 6:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There is no reason a GMT900 platform vehicle should not give you 125K to 150K miles of trouble-free ownership with regular maintenance.

The only thing that would be suspect as you rack up the miles is all the seals and plastic bits are 10 years old. Ten years in a garage is a good thing. Radiator hoses, CV boots and AC system seals would be suspect failure points. Nothing against GM products, I would have the same concern on a BMW, Lexus, etc. etc.

Good thing the Escalade is AWD versus part-time 4WD. GMT900 from that era was notorious for 4WD engagement failures if they system wasn't cycled enough. It is right in the owner's manual on GM trucks of that era that you should engage the part-time 4WD system every 6 to 8 weeks for a few miles to circulate lubricants and move the gears around. Forget to do it and the system stops working right. You have AWD in the Escalade so that's a non-issue.

The core mechanicals, switch gear, etc. etc. should give you no issues. The L76 under the hood is thirsty, but a beast of an engine!
- Milligram46 | Date: 10/24/2012 2:38:15 PM | Number: 69560

I would NEVER buy or lease a GM PIG Escapade. My current set of wheels, non-hybrid, gets 38 MPG on the highway; it is fun to drive as well.

Kahuna, CFA
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement