UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (59) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 465323  
Subject: Re: Arctic Ice Date: 2/24/2014 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

There is nothing wrong with asking questions. It's quite another matter to say "no, you guys are wrong and I'm going to ignore you". That is an almost-unrestrained hubris.

Poorguy,

You are not reading Tim or Qaz correctly. They agree with your assessment if you read them carefully. They just dont have the answers so they put the problem aside. It is not their calling. They are admitting that.

Qaz is more inclined to discuss the energy markets and the timing of events. Tim is more inclined perhaps because of his age to just ride it out in energy stocks. He does not like what he sees at all for his grandchildren.

I am quite optimistic. And I have a lot of scientific reasons to be so after a few years of reading MIT articles on future energy source and battery technologies. Along with other readings from the MIT website that I have been documenting on this board for a few years now. Things will look up in the next ten years going forward. The earth will heal its self. Much of the CO2 is being produced by burning oxygen and then some of the CO2 is being released into the atmosphere because it is part of what the earth actually is, the earth will soak it up again as we humans change how we garner our energy. It will be much cheaper to garner energy through sources that are not toxic to our planet.

As I just said this is a serious pressing technical problem, but it is not really a political problem at all. The Greens are barely making any dent in the problem at all because it is a matter of future technologies. They are on their way.

I am trying to figure out the multitude of reasons for not having a long term buy and hold in XOM. It is a lonely business.

Dave
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (59) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement